Head out for an amazing trekking expedition at KUDREMUKH in South Karnataka which stands tall at a height of 1894 meters. The name Kudremukh literally means ‘horse-face’ (Kannada) and refers to a particularly picturesque view of a side of the mountain that resembles a horse’s face Known as a paradise of trekkers, the peak offers plenty of mind-blowing sights in the surrounding including the captivating sunset.
Tie your shoelaces tight before you trek through the thick forests, green meadows, water streams and valleys. Kudremukh receives an average annual rainfall of 7000 mm, largely due to the forest types of mainly evergreen vegetation that can be found here.
Following DO’s and DON’Ts should be followed by the travellers at homestay/lodges:
(i) Kindly carry your ID proof during the check in.
(ii) Wear a mask whenever outside the room.
(iii) Meeting of others travellers/groups is restricted.
(iv) Always keep a safe distance as per social distancing norms.
(v) Wash your hands frequently with the soaps/sanitizers.
vi) Put all disposable plates /cups/ bottles after use in the garbage bag.
(vii) Tents/Rooms will be provided for stay in order to prevent social distancing with limited capacity for stay.
(viii) Thermal check will be done in the stay & before the travel.
**NOTE: AS KUDREMUKH TREK IS ALLOWED ONLY 50 PEOPLE/DAY IF WE ARE UNABLE TO GET THE PERMISSION ON 1st DAY THEN THE NEXT DAY WE WILL BE TRYING FOR THE PERMISSIONS.
Journey from Bangalore
- Take an overnight journey from Bangalore on friday.
- Reach early at Samse and from here continue to base in a jeep, where you will be freshening up and having a hot breakfast.
- Post breakfast, get ready to start the trek after getting your lunch packed.
- Walk through the tropical rainforests, across a few water streams, small waterfalls, green meadows till you reach the top of the peak.
- At Kudremukh peak, witness the beauty of the whole region and start descending.
- Freshen up and have a sumptuous dinner following which, relax by the bonfire.
- Overnight stay at homestay.
Return and Departure
- After breakfast, following which you will be checking out of the homestay and visit Belur one of the finest examples of Hoysala architecture & begin the return journey.
- Back to Bangalore with lots of memories
• Raincoat/Poncho (during monsoon)
• ID proof
• Track pants
• Full sleeve cotton t-shirt (to avoid getting sun burnt)
• Torch (with extra batteries)
• Personal Medication
• Necessary toiletries
• Shoes with a good grip