Sharavathi is the island disconnects everything and rewinds our minds with the glory of nature. It has the most beautiful range of hills which are a bridge between the dense Sharavathi Valley and the backwaters. Its and true Island camping destination of the western ghats. Sharavathi river valley is something that can be considered to be an ecological paradise.
Note : As its basic amenities campsite, 3-4 washrooms are available at campsite.
Journey from Bangalore
- Take an overnight journey from Bangalore on friday.
- Reach campsite 6am, Get fresh, have breakfast and head out for the trek to bheemana hejje to have a spectacular view of sharavathy backwaters and linganamakki dam.
- Head back to the campsite for lunch (pure homemade veg food).
- After lunch head to bheemeshwar waterfalls and back to campsite 7pm, for Coffee/tea with snacks, tent pitching, campfire followed by dinner, and retire for the day followed by bonfire.
Return and Departure
- Get freshen up, have breakfast visit to water activities, visit jog falls, Start return journey to bangalore.
- Reach bangalore 9 – 10 pm.
Fitness Required: 3/10
Trek Distance: 8 km
• ID proof
• Necessary toiletries
• Track pants
• Full sleeve t-shirt
• Torch (with extra batteries)
• Personal Medication
Note: Drinking or any kind of drugs are strictly prohibited during the trip.