Top Station is tourist destination in the Kannan Devan hills of Munnar. It is a part of Theni Districtsin the state Tamil Nadu. Top Station is notable as the historic transshippment location for Kannan Devan tea delivered up here from Munnar. A mountain stream passes between Kurangani mountains in the east and Kolukkumalai in the west. The hills are characterized by frequently-changing weather, low-hanging clouds, chilly atmosphere and strong winds, and are home to a wide range of flora and fauna including Indian gaurs, barking deer..
Journey from Bangalore
- Take an overnight journey from Bangalore on friday.
- Reach base camp at 6 am, where you will be freshening up and having a hot breakfast.
- Start trek between 8.00 AM – 9:00 AM. Reach top station 4 pm and enter campsite pitch tents and home-made dinner followed by bonfire. Basic amenities camping area only
Return and Departure
- Wake up early( around 5:00 AM ) Have home cooked breakfast and start trek at 7:00 AM.
- Reach bangalore 11pm
Fitness Required: 7/10
Trek Distance: 25 km
• ID proof
• Necessary toiletries
• Track pants
• Full sleeve t-shirt and full length lower while kayaking (nylon)
• Torch (with extra batteries)
• Personal Medication
Note: Drinking, smoking or any kind of drugs are strictly prohibited during the trip.