Forts have always had a certain charm in themselves, and if they are made on certain heights, hidden from plain sight with fog, clouds, and mist, the charm just doubles. Such an amazing fort in the Dakshina Kannada district of Karnataka is the Ballalarayana Durga Fort, which lies on the top of a hill and can only be reached by trekking through the dense vegetation that grows on the slopes
And this trek and camp experience in the Western Ghats fulfills that very purpose, to take you to a beautiful fort, high-up in the hills and shrouded by a cover of thick clouds. And the best thing about this place is that there is no network connectivity, making this the perfect experience of camping, trekking and offbeat. Bandaje falls is formed by a tributary of Netravathi river and is located in a remote area of western ghats, which can be reached through trekking with the help of guides. Height of waterfalls is about 200 feet. The path to Bandaje falls from goes through thick ever green forest which ends in grass lands. Locally this falls is called as Bandaje Arbi, where Arbi means falls in Tulu language.
Journey from Bangalore
- Take an overnight journey from Bangalore on friday.
- Early morning around 05:00 AM, you will reach the home-stay where you will be freshening up and having breakfast.
- Post breakfast, get ready & start the trek by 8.00 am, towards the fort (7 km one way) and walk past the lush rainforest and streams on the way. You will be carrying packed lunch with you on the way.
- Arriving at the peak, enjoy the panoramic views from there and unwind yourself alongside the pristine beauty of the vicinity & back to home-stay for the by 6.00 pm.
- Freshen up and have a sumptuous dinner following which, relax by the bonfire.
- Overnight stay at homestay.
Return and Departure
- After breakfast, following which you will be checking out of the home-stay & proceed to nearest waterfalls and have a dip in the water.
- Visit archaeological Belur & Back to Bangalore by 10.00 pm with lots of memories
Fitness Required: 3/10
Trek Distance: 15 km, Moderate
• Raincoat/Poncho (during monsoon)
• ID proof
• Track pants
• Full sleeve cotton t-shirt (to avoid getting sun burnt)
• Torch (with extra batteries)
• Personal Medication
• Necessary toiletries
• Shoes with a good grip
Note: Basic amenities in village limits and Veg food only.