Ettina Bhuja (literally translates to Ox’s Shoulder, in Kannada), is located close to the temple town of Dharmasthala. Byrapura village in Mudigere range of Chickmagalur district to be exact. About 250km from Bangalore, it makes for a good weekend trip away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Although it’s not a popular trail among trekkers, Ettina Bhuja offers scenic landscapes at about 1300m altitude and features a mosaic of grassland and forest patches in undulating terrain. One can find bamboo and cane plantations on the way to the top. Trek along this pleasant terrain to the sound of chirping birds in the lap of nature.
Once you reach the top which looks like the hump of an ox, feast yourself to panoramic views of dense green forests.
Following DO’s and DON’Ts should be followed by the travellers at homestay/lodges:
(i) Kindly carry your ID proof during the check in.
(ii) Wear a mask whenever outside the room.
(iii) Meeting of others travellers/groups is restricted.
(iv) Always keep a safe distance as per social distancing norms.
(v) Wash your hands frequently with the soaps/sanitizers.
vi) Put all disposable plates /cups/ bottles after use in the garbage bag.
(vii) Tents/Rooms will be provided for stay in order to prevent social distancing with limited capacity for stay.
(viii) Thermal check will be done in the stay & before the travel.
Journey from Bangalore
- Take an overnight journey from Bangalore on friday.
- Early morning around 05:00 AM, you will reach the homestay where you will be freshening up and having a hot breakfast.
- Post breakfast, get ready & start the trek by 7 am
- Arriving at the peak, enjoy the panoramic views from there and unwind yourself alongside the pristine beauty of the vicinity & back to homestay for the lunch.
- After lunch proceed to nearest waterfalls and have a dip in the water and back to homestay by 6pm
- Freshen up and have a sumptuous dinner following which, relax by the bonfire.
- Overnight stay at homestay.
Return and Departure
- After breakfast, following which you will be checking out of the homestay, head to Devaramane view point and Belur.
- Back to Bangalore by 8pm with lots of memories
• Raincoat/Poncho (during monsoon)
• ID proof
• Track pants
• Full sleeve cotton t-shirt (to avoid getting sun burnt)
• Torch (with extra batteries)
• Personal Medication
• Necessary toiletries
• Shoes with a good grip