Kodaikanal is a city near Palani in the hills of the Dindigul district in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. Kodaikanal is referred to as the “Princess of Hill stations” and has a long history as a retreat and popular tourist destination. Kodaikanal Main Town covered with mist. Kodaikanal was established in 1845 as a refuge from the high temperatures and tropical diseases of the plains.
Much of the local economy is based on the hospitality industry serving tourism. Kodaikanal is at the crown of the Palani Hills and is effectively surrounded and protected by thick forests.
|TOTAL TREK DISTANCE : 10kms||Level of Trek: Moderate|
Journey from Bangalore
- Take an overnight journey from Bangalore on friday.
- Reach base camp at 8am, where you will be freshening up and having a hot breakfast.
- Post breakfast, get ready to start the trek after getting your lunch packed.
Walk through the tropical pine forest, across a few water streams, green meadows till you reach the check dam.
- At dam, witness the beauty of the whole region and start journey back to base by 5pm.
- Freshen up and have a sumptuous buffet dinner following which, relax by the bonfire.
- Overnight stay at Tents.
Return and Departure
- After breakfast, head out to visit Kodaikanal sight seeing : Kodaikanal lake, Guna caves, pine forest, pillar rocks & solar museum.
- Following after lunch, begin the return journey.
- Back to Bangalore with lots of memories
• Raincoat/Poncho (during monsoon)
• ID proof
• Track pants
• Full sleeve cotton t-shirt (to avoid getting sun burnt)
• Torch (with extra batteries)
• Personal Medication
• Necessary toiletries
• Shoes with a good grip