Overview: Kolukkumalai in Kerala is adorned with various stunning jewels by nature and one amongst them is the Kolukkamalai tea estate. The tea estate is said to be the world’s highest elevation tea plantation at 7900 feet. Most of the locals, as well as tourists, claim that the tea produced at Kolukkumalai in the traditional manner can never be compared to the other mass-produced tea in terms of taste and quality. Trek to this beauty of nature and enjoy the surreal views with classic aroma at this famous tea estate.
Journey from Bangalore
- Take an overnight journey from Bangalore on friday.
- Reach base camp at 9.00 am, where you will be freshening up and having a hot breakfast.
- Check in tents and relax till the noon.
- Post Lunch start the trek by 4.00 pm to witness the sunset and back to base camp by 7.00 pm, Freshen up and have a sumptuous dinner following which, relax by the bonfire & music.
- Overnight Tented stay.
Return and Departure
- Wake up call by 4.00 am start journey to witness the sunrise & tiger rock followed by an off road jeep ride of 2 hours.
- Witness the spectacular view of Sunrise & tiger rock. Back to base within 10.00 am, after breakfast, head out to Munnar sight seeing & begin the return journey by 7.00 pm.
- Reach Bangalore 5.00 am
Fitness Required: 3/10
Trek Distance: 6 Kms, Moderate.
• ID proof
• Track pants
• Full sleeve cotton t-shirt
• Torch (with extra batteries)
• Personal Medication
• Necessary toiletries
• Shoes with a good grip