Head out for an amazing trekking expedition at KUDREMUKH in South Karnataka which stands tall at a height of 1894 meters. The name Kudremukh literally means ‘horse-face’ (Kannada) and refers to a particularly picturesque view of a side of the mountain that resembles a horse’s face Known as a paradise of trekkers, the peak offers plenty of mind-blowing sights in the surrounding including the captivating sunset.
Tie your shoelaces tight before you trek through the thick forests, green meadows, water streams and valleys. Kudremukh receives an average annual rainfall of 7000 mm, largely due to the forest types of mainly evergreen vegetation that can be found here.
Journey from Bangalore
- Take an overnight journey from Bangalore on friday.
- Reach early at Samse and from here continue to base in a jeep, where you will be freshening up and having a hot breakfast.
- Post breakfast, get ready to start the trek after getting your lunch packed.
- Walk through the tropical rainforests, across a few water streams, small waterfalls, green meadows till you reach the top of the peak.
- At Kudremukh peak, witness the beauty of the whole region and start descending.
- Freshen up and have a sumptuous dinner following which, relax by the bonfire.
- Overnight stay at homestay.
Return and Departure
- After breakfast, following which you will be checking out of the homestay and visit Belur one of the finest examples of Hoysala architecture & begin the return journey.
- Back to Bangalore with lots of memories
Fitness Required: 5/10
Trek Distance: 22 km, Moderate
• Raincoat/Poncho (during monsoon)
• ID proof
• Track pants
• Full sleeve cotton t-shirt (to avoid getting sun burnt)
• Torch (with extra batteries)
• Personal Medication
• Necessary toiletries
• Shoes with a good grip