Nishani Motte is a name which is synonymous with the word “euphoria”. The less frequented peak of the Brahmagiri forest range in Coorg district of Karnataka retains its beauty in the most pristine form calling for adventure buffs and environmentalists to trade into its core.
The trekking trail of 15 Km begins from the untamed woodlands of Tala Cauvery forest range which is home to exotic wildlife including rare species of trees and animals. Your journey on foot begins right after the jeep trail amidst the Shola forest and passes through soft ridges, sprawling meadows, spilling water and thickets of varied plantations.
Also, there are a number of religious sites en route Nishani Motte that are considered sacred among the locals and are worth your visit.
The mixed aroma of cardamom and coffee from the plantations on either side of the trail is bound to intoxicate your senses as you climb up. The final Blue Ridge uphill trek of 1 Km is a bit challenging but certainly, it’s a bull’s eye for any adventure lover!
From the summit, you can get a 360◦ view of the flummoxing landscape with the emerald Western Ghats making a perfect backdrop. Whether you are an avid expert on birds or a regular tourist without any daring goal, it is never too late to discover the mystical beauty of Nishani Motte by embarking on a trek to its summit.
Journey from Bangalore
- Take an overnight journey from Bangalore on friday.
- Reach base camp at 6.00 am, where you will be freshening up and having a hot breakfast.
- Post breakfast, start the brief and proceed for the forest permissions & start trek by 9.00 am. Reach peak by 1.00 pm and start descending back for the campsite back to base camp by 6.00 pm. Enjoy bonfire with followed by dinner for the night and retire for the day.
Return and Departure
- After breakfast, head out to Bagamandala / Talacauvery and Abbey falls & fort. Witness the ancient beauty protected well at the fort.
- Following after lunch, begin the return journey.
- Back to Bangalore by 9.00 pm, with loads of memories
Fitness Required: 4/10
Trek Distance: 15 km
• ID proof
• Track pants
• Full sleeve cotton t-shirt
• Personal Medication
• Necessary toiletries
• Shoes/Sandals with a good grip