Ombattu Gudda is one of the highest peaks of the Western Range located along the borderline of Chikmagalur and Hassan. The destination is known for its beautiful trek trail and attracts tourists every year as it only takes an overnight journey to reach Ombattu Gudda from Bangalore.
Following your early morning arrival at the basecamp in Sakleshpur. Post this, start trekking to Ombattu Gudda Trek towards the Kabbinale River. A local guide cum professional instructor will accompany you throughout, from when you witness a panoramic view of the entire hill range once you climb to the top till you trek down to the basecamp. You will encounter a lot of streams along the way. Ombattu Gudda literally translates to Nine Hill. The question is why is it called so – that’s because of the nine domes of the hills that are visible from the top.
Following DO’s and DON’Ts should be followed by the travellers at homestay/lodges:
(i) Kindly carry your ID proof during the check in.
(ii) Wear a mask whenever outside the room.
(iii) Meeting of others travellers/groups is restricted.
(iv) Always keep a safe distance as per social distancing norms.
(v) Wash your hands frequently with the soaps/sanitizers.
vi) Put all disposable plates /cups/ bottles after use in the garbage bag.
(vii) Tents/Rooms will be provided for stay in order to prevent social distancing with limited capacity for stay.
(viii) Thermal check will be done in the stay & before the travel.
Journey from Bangalore
- Take an overnight journey from Bangalore on friday.
- Reach base camp at 6am, where you will be freshening up and having a hot breakfast.
- Post breakfast, from base camp head to trek starting point by 8.00 am
- Explore the thickets and the panoramic views from the top & start descending back by 2pm. Reach homestay 6.00 pm
- Freshen up and have a sumptuous dinner following which, relax by the bonfire.
- Overnight stay at homestay (if weather permits).
Return and Departure
- After breakfast, head out to Devaramane and Abhi falls on the way & visit Belur / Halebeedu.
- Following after lunch, begin the return journey.
- Back to Bangalore with lots of memories
• Raincoat/Poncho (during monsoon)
• ID proof
• Track pants
• Full sleeve cotton t-shirt (to avoid getting sun burnt)
• Torch (with extra batteries)
• Personal Medication
• Necessary toiletries
• Shoes with a good grip